Will my child be able to touch type after one weekly course?
Yes! We aim to teach all the letter keys on the keyboard in one week, focusing primarily on correct technique, which is essential. Once this is in place speed will develop with time and lots of practice. However, please note that each child develops at very different paces and this will depend on many factors: age, keyboarding experience, learning difficulties such as dyslexia or fine motor control issues. By the end of the course most students will be able to touch type - but the speed at which they do it will vary hugely from person to person.
How many students are there per class?
There are a maximum of 16 students per class and always 2-3 teachers teaching, so everyone gets lots of individual attention
Do we need to bring a snack?
No, we provide water and biscuits at break time, but people are welcome to bring their own snack, especially if they have any food allergies/ intolerances
Where can I park?
There is meter parking on the surrounding streets off the Fulham Road, New Kings Road and some off Fulham High Street. Usually people park on the first drop off and then just drive by to drop off and pick up on the following days.
What happens when the course finishes?
Each child gets an individual progress report which includes their wpm (words per minute) speed when typing in full sentences and also hints and tips going forwards, including relevant websites for practice. This is emailed out to parents/ caregivers the week after completion of the course. If a further course is needed Naomi will advise.
What speed is required for laptop use at school?
Most schools agree that when someone can touch type at around 25-30wpm they are competent enough to be able to use a laptop in the classroom and for exams. Some schools may decide that around 20wpm is sufficient. Naomi is happy to get in touch with the school to recommend laptop use when these sorts of results are achieved.
Is practice important?
Yes, to see real improvement practice is vital! However, Naomi strongly advises completing the beginners course first so that the correct technique is learnt. Once the technique is in place then it is advised to practice little and often to build upon muscle memory and wpm speed.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Bookings are not confirmed until receipt of the deposit, as per the booking form.
- In the event that a club is unable to run due to Covid-19 restrictions credit notes will be issued for all bookings which can be used towards any future club.
- In the event that your child is unable to attend their club because they have tested positive for COVID-19 or are required to isolate due to contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 - their place will be deferred and they can attend the next available club when they are able to do so.
- Cancellations with more than 1 week notice will be eligible for a credit note for the amount paid, which can be used on any of our future clubs.
- Cancellations with less than 1 week notice will not be eligible for any form of refund; unless there are any exceptional or extenuating circumstances, in these cases we may be able to defer your place or offer a credit note against future bookings.